December 27, 2009

A baby Spike Lee

It amazes me how fast your whole disposition can change. The smallest things can affect how you feel, the way you see things, how you understand the world around you and how you deal with that world. A song or a scene of a movie all the way to a joke you heard on the bus. It’s nerve wrecking having the ability to turn into so many different identities; and freeing. Everyone has the power to be anyone and do anything and its a little mind blowing. If I can be whatever I want, then I can achieve my highest dreams. It’s brilliant, really. The optimism in this one concept is reassuring beyond mental capacity and I love it.


I read about a 16 year old director/producer. He’s been filming since he was 9 and now 7 years later is doing talk shows. What an idea to find what you love and master it. The thought is so serene and beautiful it drives me crazy. He’s an inspiration- which is perfect since the leading theme in all of his films is about children being able to fulfill their dreams. Thank you, Ben Lee Foster, for being so incredibly amazing.


So my goal? Find something i love and make it happen! I really, really need to do this, and hopefully i will. I'll keep you updated.


if you wanna learn more about him, he has a blogsite too! I bet you feel cool now, you should. Its about him and his films. 16 years old with 12 short films? what the hell. hes awesome. I need to get on my game (i need to get my head in the game! hah) ... here you go:


http://blffilmfestival.blogspot.com/

1 comment:

  1. wow kara, i love you, you are such a great writer! i want to listen to you talk all day

    ReplyDelete