January 3, 2010

Hello Girls!

I just woke up from a 3-year nap and I had the most horrific dream.
Everyone we knew was in it, with characters waltzing in and out of
all of our lives.

You Girls were pretty consistent throughout the dream, even though
I did many things that should’ve driven you all away.

But during the last 8 months, terrible things began to happen:
We were scattered around the map and began to stress about
this new “college life” that was approaching far too quickly.
During the summer, sometime between Denmark and camping
trips, I broke. I fell into a million little pieces.

And as I was broken, I was shipped across the country to a gorgeous place:
Portland Oregon.

Now, since I go to Pacific Northwest College of Art, I had plenty of time
and materials to glue my pieces back together. And things were getting better.
Perhaps even beautiful and wonderful with a hint of perfection.

But Girls, guess what happened!?
Someone dropped me and I fell back into a million pieces!

Now, you see, since I already broke once before, the second time was much
more complicated. and I was so embarrassed for breaking again that I didn’t
even want to try to fix this mess! But here’s what I did:

I called my lady friends and asked for their help. Their hands were steady
and they really do have an appreciation for intricate details. And very slowly
and carefully and thoughtfully, I slowly began to come together again.

And that’s when I woke up.
…………………………………………………………………………………….
Don’t you hate it when you wake up from a dream without knowing the ending?

2 comments:

  1. I do hate it, i really do! It's the worst. Sometimes I'll just sit in bed and day dream an ending... but then the story always becomes more complicated and starts making less sense. It can be nice not to know the ending- everything makes more sense that way. I love you.

    ReplyDelete