January 14, 2010

show your paintings at the united nations

So I'm walking down this sidewalk one morning. Early morning, the suns just showing up and there's that fresh scent that makes you feel all nice inside. And I'm walking down this long sidewalk all by myself, no one in front of me and no one behind. For some odd reason I'm in this incredibly happy sort of serene mood that makes me wanna put a little bounce in my step... but I didn't bring my ipod and there is no music- at all... but there's no one around so i just start humming. Yes, i started humming. I don't just mean a light humming to myself, i was belting that humming out! It felt really good too. I was just like walking down the sidewalk in my own little personal movie moment and it was pretty fabulous.

The point to this story is that the whole time this was happening I just kept becoming more and more aware of the fact that I am doing nothing. I was walking and it was happy but i felt lost. Where was I walking to? (Well I was walking to class, but that's not what i mean. i just wanted you guys to know I wasn't seriously wandering the streets at sunrise humming for all to hear). I haven't done anything for anyone in a really long time. And with this whole Haiti crisis happening... well i think you can understand why this has now become a blog.

Well, I just wanted you all to know that Invisible Children has started their new tour! It's called the legacy tour and i promise you it's going to be absolutely mind blowing. Why you may ask? Well guys, they're actually bringing Ugandan teens featured in the past films to talk! I know, it's sooo cool. You should check if they're coming to your campus and if not... request them or something. At least spread the word, tell a friend or causally mention how awesome they are next time you're sippin' coffee at some shop.

No comments:

Post a Comment